Usually Tuesdays are for Top Ten Tuesdays, but today I wanted to switch things up a bit. Today’s post is to check in! I’ll share with you what I’ve been reading, watching, and enjoying lately, and I hope you’ll do the same with me in the comments!
Lately I’ve been reading a non-fiction book, JUNIPER: THE GIRL WHO WAS BORN TOO SOON by Kelley French and Thomas French.
It’s the story of Juniper French, who was born at the very early 23 weeks gestation. She weighed 1 pound and 4 ounces. Her parents, Kelley and Thomas chose to fight for her life.
It’s a story that as soon as I heard about it, I had to immediately move it to the top of my TBR. As you may know from my last post, I’m currently pregnant. I’m currently 17 weeks along to be more exact. This story just called to me. I put in a request at my library, and some very long weeks later, it was finally available for pick up!
So that’s what I’m reading right now. It’s proving to be quite the emotional read, but I’m really enjoying it. What are you currently reading?
I haven’t been watching much on television, but there are a few movies that I absolutely cannot wait for!
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Assassin’s Creed. I cannot wait to see these movies! What movies are on your ‘Must See’ lists?
I have three projects in progress right now.
1. I have the body of a baby blanket knit. There are some steps in the pattern regarding the border of the blanket that I don’t know how to do yet, so I’m stalled there for now.
2. I’m also in the middle of knitting a baby hat. This and the aforementioned blanket are both for my baby. My husband chose the yarn colors for the hat and that makes it really special. Mom made it and Dad picked out the yarn. I can’t wait for him/her to wear it!
3. Christmas knitting! I’m not going to go into too much detail here but I’ve started knitting Christmas gifts for friends and family.
4. I bought three craft pumpkins from Michael’s. A big, medium, and small one. I plan to paint my husbands name on the big, my name on the medium, and the baby’s name on the small. We’re going to use that as our name reveal photo. Request to follow me on Instagram to see the finished product in early November!
I’ve also been practicing hand lettering again. I’d like to incorporate that skill into the name reveal for the baby. What crafts are you currently working on, if any?
- We find out the baby’s gender at the end of the month! I cannot wait! I’m so, so eager to know what we’re having!
- I am fully and completely unpacked, finally! Now I’m in desperate need for wall art.
- Hockey starts up this week! I’m so ready. Summer is so long without hockey.
- IT’S FALL!!! October is definitely one of my favorite months. I’ve started decorating for Halloween and I’m so pleased with how it’s coming along.
What’s going on with you lately?
Chat with me in the comments! What are you reading? How are you? What movies are you looking forward to seeing? I look forward to talking to you!